Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Georgia Biking Excursion Day #2

164 Days To The Leadville 100

The second day we got up at 5:30am to get fuel in the tank before leaving for an hour drive to ride the "6 gap" loop.  I rode 55 miles with Damon Peterson but the rest of the group rode about 80 with a couple of more massive climbs that my legs were just not ready for...did I mention yet that I was the weakest climber of the group?  I have been on a bike for the majority of my life and training fairly hard for almost two years but these guys are animals....Highlights of day 2....  If you are not a cyclist and get bored watching the downhill, forward to the last minute and listen to my commentary.  The downhill was about 15 minutes total and I hit almost 50 mph.

(I do know that some of the text in the video says text, I just did not want to take the time to fix it as I want to get to the day 3 mountain bike footage!)






Go Big or Stay Home

No comments:

Post a Comment