Thursday, February 3, 2011

Computrainer Issues

So, for Christmas I bought Darla an iMac (which is awesome).  This meant our desktop got "promoted" to my computrainer computer.  The computer that came with my computrainer purchase from craigslist was ancient and very slow.  The connection for the computrainer to plug into that computer went into a serial port, yes thats very old school.

Therefore, my new computer I had to get a serial to USB converter....well guess what, the drivers do not work with VISTA, go figure.  After three weeks, countless hours, and two cords purchased that did not work, I have ordered a $50 piece from computrainers website that they say is just what I need.  But I just couldn't pay the overnight shipping so I will wait for UPS ground.

I am excited to get it going as my coach has on my schedule to do my first LT Power test (Lactate Threshhold).  This will tax my body but give us some great data to start training from.....

I can still use my computrainer in the meantime through a small head unit that comes with it but it is just very limited to what you can accomplish in this manner.  So don't worry, I am still on the trainer just not utilizing all of the technology yet.


Go Big or Stay Home

No comments:

Post a Comment